Security Manager 5.x
Trend analysis services failed to process collected data.
Error: The memory conservation threshold was exceeded
Error: Attempt to delete member that is in use
Cannot analyze the trend analysis cube.
Data processing for trend analysis hangs or locks up.
Cannot open connection to Analysis server '<Server Name>'.
Unable to open connection.
The operation requested failed due to timeout
The memory conservation threashold was exceeded by more than 12.5 percent for an extended period.
Microsoft Analysis Services has a performance bottleneck.
To improve Microsoft Analysis Services performance:
NOTES: You should upgrade to Analysis Services SP4.
The Trend Analysis Server requires a minimum 2GB of RAM.
- Go to folder
\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\Bin
msmdvldm.exeso that Analysis Services cannot use the file.
- On the trend analysis central computer, click Programs> Microsoft SQL Server> Analysis Services> Analysis Manager.
- Expand Console Root > Analysis Servers.
- Right-click on the server name.
- Click Properties.
- Select the Processing tab.
- Change Process Buffer Size to 200 MB from the default value of 32 MB.
- Select the Environment tab.
- Change Memory Conservation Threshold to a value between a minimum of 1024 and a maximum of, physical memory on the server minus 1024 MB, but not to exceed the following:
- If the /3GB switch is NOT set in the Windows C:\boot.ini, the maximum setting should be 1650 MB.
- If the /3GB switch IS set in the Windows C:\boot.ini, the maximum setting should be 2650 MB.
- Change Minimum Allocation Memory to be 1024 MB.
- Click OK.
- Change the OLAP registry setting below as referenced from Microsoft KB823357
- Click Start, and then click Run. Type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry key:
- In the right pane, double-click HighMemoryLimit.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, click Decimal.
- In the Value data box, type a value that is the same as the value from step 10 in bytes (i.e. if you have 1024 for step 10, then you would put in 1024x1048576 or 1073741824)
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart the MSSQLServerOLAPService.
For more information about getting better performance from Analysis Services
For information about How To Enable Analysis Server to Use 3 GB of RAM
For more information about Trend Analysis problems, see:
The memory conservation threshold was exceeded
This error is caused by the HighMemoryLimit registry value not being set high enough. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823357/en-us to help find a higher value to set this to.
In the Application log:
The memory conservation threshold was exceeded by more than 12.5 percent for an extended period.
Attempt to delete member that is in use
This is caused because msmdvldm.exe has not been renamed.
3/15/2006 8:04:45 AM:Started Cube Processing with command line parameters
3/15/2006 8:22:40 AM:Error. Processing error [Attempt to delete member that is in use] 'N/A'
3/15/2006 8:22:40 AM:Error. Incremental processing of the cube failed.