NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
Reports do not display under Completed Tasks in the Vulnerability Manager Web Console.
The Report display issue occurs after moving the VigilEnt database to a different SQL server.
The issue involves a problem with the Vulnerability Manager (VM) configuration file,
mk.options.The file was not properly updated after a VigilEnt database move or a SQL communication port change.
To change to the
mk.options file after a database move or a port change:
- Verify that you have a good backup of the file before modifying the
- Open the
mk.optionsfile with a text editor. By default, the file is located on the VM Core Server at
<install directory>\Program Files\NetIQ\Vulnerability Manager\Core Services.
- Verify the server name and port number in the following line.
database_serverequals the name of the SQL server where the VigilEnt database was installed.
- Replace the server name with the correct name, if the SQL server name where the VigilEnt database is located does not match this name.
- Replace the port number with the correct number, if the port number that is now being used for all SQL communications does not match the referenced port number, e.g. 1433.
- Save the modified mk.options file.
- Stop and restart the NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Web Console service for the changes to take effect.
For more information, contact Technical Support at www.netiq.com/support.
For information on how to stop and restart a service, refer to NETIQKB25651.