Overall Analysis Center System resources are being consumed by the Analysis Center and Reporting Server processes.
You can adjust several SQL\Analysis services settings to limit system resource consumption. Also, review the Analysis Center documentation for server recommendations.
Consider adjusting the following settings:
- Specify Fixed allocation in the SQL memory settings, instead of Dynamic Memory allocation.
- Change the timing of the ETL job from default of 5 minutes to once or twice per day, depending upon the reporting needs of environment.
- Change the timing of the OLAP jobs from 15 minutes to once per hour (depending upon the reporting needs of environment).
NOTE: Changing the timing of the OLAP jobs may result in a delay of data availability.
- Adjust report subscriptions or publications to be deployed run off hours.
- Ensure that no other processes, such as Antivirus Scanners, are intercepting the data streams or preventing Analysis Center access to temporary files.
- Investigate moving the SQL and SQL Analysis Services functions onto separate servers.
- Install Analysis Center components onto servers separate from your AppManager component installation(s).
- Consider upgrading your SQL Analysis Services to Enterprise Edition. This will include faster processing and storage of data. Such an upgrade can help with long reprot processing times. Please contact NetIQ Technical Support and reference NETIQKB48192