NetIQ AppManager 6.x
NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
There are several network considerations for proper communications between the Management Server (MS) and targeted Agent.
To troubleshoot and narrow the search for a communication failure consider:
- If pinging the Agent fails, the Agent computer maybe on a separate subnet where routing or DNS resolution is blocked
When using ping -a from the Agent computer does not resolve the MS, DNS is not properly configured or blocked.
Note: You may have to configure the HOSTS files on each computer.
- If the Local Repository has the CMComm table with an incorrect IP address for the MS:
- Correct the IP address within the Local Repository.
- Configure HOSTS files for the Agent and MS.
- Cold start the Agent.
- Use the AMADMIN_CofigSiteComm KS to disable use of the IP address.
- If the Local Repository has an empty CMComm table, the Agent could not resolve the MS to enter correct information. See the options in step 5
- If an Agent on a separate network VLAN can communicate without error, the VLAN configuration is preventing network resolution or you must disable the default RPC settings during installation.