What fixes are contained in DMA Hotfix 45265?
What hotfix corrects an issue with translating mailbox ownership and security on Exchange 5.5 mailboxes?
What hotfix corrects an issue with translating security on Exchange 5.5 mailboxes?
Domain Migration Administrator 7.2
Domain Migration Administrator version 7.2 Hotfix 45265
This hotfix includes all the hotfix issues from Domain Migration Administrator 7.2 Hotfix 39473 and Hotfix 44959, and one additional issue with Domain Migration Administrator.
New Issue Resolved in This Hotfix
DMA 7.2 Hotfix 45265 corrects an issue with translating mailbox ownership and security on Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. During Exchange mailbox translations, DMA translates all mailbox owners but, in some cases, does not translate mailbox security permissions. Hotfix 45265 corrects this issue.
Resolved Issues Included from DMA 7.2 Hotfix 44959
Hotfix 45265 also corrects the following issue, which was addressed in Hotfix 44959:
* Corrects an issue with translating security on Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. Users experiencing this issue may see the following error in the
migration.log file when translating security on Exchange mailboxes: "Failed to start Security Translator, hr=80004005".
Resolved Issues Included from DMA 7.2 Hotfix 39473
Hotfix 45265 also corrects the following issues, which were addressed in Hotfix 39473:
* Corrects an issue in which the Synchronize Passwords wizard does not properly detect the enablement of syskey encryption on the source domain. Users experiencing this issue cannot provide a Windows NT 4.0 backup domain controller as a source from which to synchronize passwords.
* Corrects an error during undo operations involving Windows NT 4.0 source domains. Users experiencing this issue see an LDAP error or the removal of the source user account instead of the target.
* Corrects an issue in which accounts with common names (CNs) containing commas are improperly truncated during re-migration. If you reimport modeling for previously migrated accounts that contain imbedded commas, you may see that the CN truncated immediately preceding the comma during remigration.
* Corrects an issue in which source accounts with common names ending with a backslash (\) or in which the target common names contain an imbedded comma may cause Domain Migration Administrator to stop responding during the undo of an intra-forest migration.
* Corrects an issue in which the Analyze button provided in the Security Translation Wizard is disabled after migrating user accounts with SID history and running Impact Analysis reports.
* Corrects and issue in which the documentation for the RemoteProf utility, which is installed with Domain Migration Administrator, is not installed with the product. This hotfix installs the remoteprof.txt readme file.
Installing This Hotfix
To install this hotfix:
- Close all instances of the Domain Migration Administrator user interface.
- Run the
DMA72000_HOTFIX45265.EXEfile on each Domain Migration Administrator computer.
This hotfix modifies the following files on the Domain Migration Administrator computer:
By default, these files are located in the
Replaced files are moved to
\Program Files\NetIQ\DMA\Backup. The Readme file is copied to
For more information, contact Technical Support at www.netiq.com.