VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix 5.0
Unix Manager 5.0
Cannot update IDMEF_DESTINATIONS when the Unix Manager console is version 5.0 and the agent is version 4.0.
Updating IDMEF_DESTINATIONS from a Unix Manager 5.0 console to a 4.0 agent fails.
Error: 'Command was not processed correctly.'
Due to the significant improvements to Unix Manager 5.0, the 5.0 console is not backward compatible with the 4.0 agent. The re-engineering of Unix Manager 5.0 vastly improved functionality to allow:
- Change of IDMEF Destinations
- Change of VSM Alert Destinations
- Change of Vulnerability Manager Core Services IPaddress:port
- Change of SNMP Management Console IPaddress:port
- Change of uvserv port
- Ability to start and stop detect
- Ability to clear the agent cache files
- Ability to clear log manager spool files
- Ability to turn on and off agent debugging
Upgrade the agent to version 5.0.