NetIQ AppManager Diagnostic Console 2.x
NetIQ AppManager 6.x
NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
Diagnostic Console 2.1 Installation Error: InstallShield Wizard Completed. The Wizard was interrupted.
Diagnostic Console 2.1 Installation Error: 'InstallShield Wizard Completed. The Wizard was interrupted before the NetIQ AppManager Diagnostic Console could be completely installed'
First Verify The DCOM Permissions:
- Log on to the targeted server with your AppManager (AM) or service account.
- Go to Start | Run then DCOMCNFG then hit enter.
- Click on the Server and DCOM Properties.
- Select the Security Tab and Edit the "Default Launch" Permission and the "Default Access" Permissions
- Add the required user (your AM service account) the the Security Access Control lists.
- Click OK and Close the DCOM Config Window.
- Install the Diagnostic Console again.
If it continues to produce the error, there is either a group policy affecting the Server or NT account, or else there is a local Security setting that is restricting the Installation.
To verify which the above restrictions:
- Remove the Server from the Domain
- Try to install the Diagnostic Console Software again
If the software installs without issue or error, then an NT Domain group Policy is in place that restricts the NT Domain account or the Server itself. If the error still persists, then it is a local security setting, or Local security Policy.
Have the System Administrator inspect your server and adjust\modify the policy as required.
The Diagnostic Console does not have proper access to the DCOM objects on the targeted computer, a local security setting or group policy is restricting the installation.