VigilEnt Security Agent for Oracle 2.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
Error occurs when attempting to add the Oracle endpoint in NetIQ Vulnerability Manager.
Error: 'java.lang.Exception: Unable to connect to specific target database because: Unable to load endpoint endpoint name because the following required attribute is not present: JDBC Class GTDBINSTALL'.
Error appears in the Endpoint Schema Installation report.
The endpoint was incorrectly added in NetIQ Vulnerability Manager (VM).
When adding the Oracle endpoint in NetIQ Vulnerability Manager (VM), it is important to NOT choose the option Add Endpoint. The Oracle endpoint must be added by specifying Discover/Register Endpoints.
Please follow the steps below to add the Oracle endpoint:
- From the VM console, expand the IT Assets | Agents node.
- Click on the Database folder located within the Applications folder.
- In the right pane, right-click on the Oracle agent that will monitor the new endpoint and select Discover/Register endpoints...
- For Specify endpoint type, select Oracle and click Next.
- Browse to the location of the TNSNames.ora file. Click the Add button.
- Type the endpoint name in the Endpoint Name box. This should be the database name.
- Select the endpoint you wish to register in the bottom pane by placing a check next to the database. Click Next.
- Enter the password for the VDBAgent twice and click Next.
- Click the Register button to register the endpoint in VM. The status should change to Registered. Click Next.
- Select Configure Schema now to move forward with installing the schema and click the Submit button.
- Click Next twice to confirm the schema installation on the specified database.
- Select Configure VDBAgent schema to work with VigilEnt Security Manager and click Next.
- For both the SYS user and the VDBAgent user, click on each of the ellipses and provide the necessary password and user information and click the Submit button.
This will finalize the creation of the endpoint as well as install the schema on the Oracle database. To verify the successful installation of the schema, please refer to the Endpoint Schema Installation report located in the Completed tasks of the Job Queues node.