Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
Refresh Migrated Objects' report fails to update target path.
When running the Refresh Migrated Objects report to update the Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) database, DMA may fail to update the TargetAdsPath value if the actual OU path has special characters in it. Some issues have been seen with special language characters, as well as apostrophes ( ' ). According to the Migration.log file, DMA is able to correctly determine the new path of the moved/renamed object, however it is unable to execute the database update for the moved/renamed object.
Currently the Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) Refresh Migrated Objects process is not designed to accommodate special characters. Special characters in this instance are any characters which would normally need to be escaped and/or appropriately handled when executing standard Transact-SQL commands.
There are a couple of workarounds for this issue:
- Re-migrate the accounts specifying the new target OU.
- Manually update the DMA database with the new path. To do this:
- Open the Protar.mdb (\Program Files\NetIQ\DMA\Protar.mdb).
- Select Tables.
- Double click the MigratedObjects table.
- Use the native Microsoft Access Find/Replace functionality to update the TargetAdsPath and TargetSamName fields.