NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 4.x
NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 5.0
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 ADM settings are not displaying the friendly description in the Group Policy Object (GPO) reports.
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 ADM's have not been registered in the NetIQ Group Policy Administrator (GPA) Console.
In order for the Group Policy Administrator (GPA) reporting to show the friendly information for the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) settings in the reports, you have to remove the old version of the ADM templates from GPA and then add the new SP2 templates. If you do not add the latest SP2 ADM templates to GPA, then GPA will report the SP2 settings under the raw registry section but the friendly settings will not be displayed. To add the new SP2 ADM templates to GPA, perform the following:
- Open the GPA console.
- Right-click on the topmost node NetIQ Group Policy Administrator and select Properties.
- On the ADM tab select each ADM template and click Remove.
- Click OK.
- Right click on the topmost node NetIQ Group Policy Administrator and select Properties.
- On the ADM tab select Add.\
- Browse to and add each Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 template.
- Click OK.
Note: You must remove the old ADM templates before adding the new templates. If you add the new ADM templates before moving the old versions, GPA will keep the old ADM templates registered.
More information on the new settings in the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 ADM templates can be found in the following Microsoft article:
- Group Policy Settings Reference for .adm files included with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7821c32f-da15-438d-8e48-45915cd2bc14&DisplayLang=en
ADM templates for all Microsoft operating systems can be found at the bottom of the following article:
- Group Policy ADM Files: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=92759d4b-7112-4b6c-ad4a-bbf3802a5c9b&displaylang=en