Exchange Migrator 2.x
Migrated mailboxes are not added to source distribution lists in an IntraOrg migration.
In the IntraOrg scenario when migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 or later, the Microsoft Active Directory Connector (ADC) is responsible for updating the DL membership in the source organization. In this scenario, the 5.5 object has a higher USN than the target object. So, the 2 way CA tries to go from windows first, then it notices the USN on the 5.5 object and determines that it is newer so it waits and replicates that when the 5.5 to AD side of the CA kicks off even though the option to replicate from Windows to Exchange is selected as the initial replication direction.
To ensure that DL membership is replicated in this scenario:
- Verify that the current two way connection agreement between the source site and target Active Directory is set to Never.
- Migrate the mailboxes.
- Verify that the "hidden" status of the 5.5 mailbox has replicated to all 5.5 servers (in that site).
- Verify that the new mailbox appears on all 2000/2003 servers (in that site).
- Create a one way connection agreement in ADC.
- Direction: From Windows to Exchange 5.5.
- Object types: Distribution Lists only
- Schedule: Never
WARNING: If you replicate the two way CA and select Replicate entire directory rather than performing an incremental synch. Selecting Replicate entire directory could possibly wipe out the membership on the AD Distribution List/Group.