Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Exchange Migrator 2.3
A migrated account does not appear in the target Global Address List (GAL).
ERROR: The service could not update the entry CN=username,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com because inheritable permissions are not propagated to this object.
If the Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object property on the Security tab of the user's Properties window is not selected, this error can occur.
Windows writes the error in the Application Log on the Recipient Update Service (RUS) server or on the Active Directory Domain Controller with which the RUS communicates.
To resolve this issue:
- Run Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC).
- In the left pane, expand the container or OU that contains the affected user account.
- In the right pane, select the affected user account.
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- On the Security tab, select Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object.
- Click OK.
- Repeat Steps 2 through 6 for each affected user.
- Close ADUC.
For more information regarding this issue, refer to the following Microsoft KB article:
Missing permissions cause the Recipient Update Service not to process accounts in Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003