The core functionality of Group Policy Guardian (GPG) does not require the SQL Server Agent to be running. However, one of the functions of Group Policy Guardian is the ability to groom the database. The grooming job runs as a job in SQL. If the SQL Server Agent is not running, the GPG grooming job will not run.
To check the status of the Grooming job:
- Open Enterprise Manager and connect to the GPG Database.
- Expand the GPG Database machine node.
- Expand the Management node.
- Expand SQL Server Agent node.
- Select Jobs.
- Check the Last Run Status of grooming job.