How do I remove entries for Domain Controllers that have been removed from the domain?
How do I prevent DRA from trying to register an agent with a domain controller that has been removed from the domain?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.60
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Directory and Resource Administrator is trying to register the Directory and Resource Administration Server with an agent on a Domain Controller that has been decommissioned and removed from the domain.
Directory and Resource Administrator does not that the Domain Controller has been removed from the domain.
In most instances, if the Domain Controller is removed from the domain cleanly, Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) will be able remove the reference to that Domain Controller and will not try and register the DRA server with the agent on that Domain Controller. However, in some cases DRA may not be able to detect that the Domain Controller has been removed from the domain. In these cases, the following workaround can be utilized:
- Open Regedit on the Directory and Resource Administration Server.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical Software\DraAgent. You will see a key for each Domain Controller.
- Delete the Domain Controller(s) that have been decommissioned.
- Stop and restart the NetIQ Administration Service.
- Repeat steps 1-4 on each effected Directory and Resource Administration Server.