NetIQ AppManager 6.x
NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
The Web Console in AppManager 6.0 uses the same rights convention as the Chart Console. The account being used to access the Web Console MUST have rights to the Public folder in the Chart Console in order for the Charts link to appear in the Web Console.
To verify account rights are correctly set:
- Launch Security Manager console.
- Expand AppManager Security .
- In the AppManager Users listing:
- Verify that the User account being used to view the Public folder in the Chart Console is listed.
- If you click on this User account, the role that is assigned to this User should be visible in the right-most pane of the Security Manager.
- Note this role.
- In the AppManager Roles listing, check the rights of the role that was set for this User, in order to verify that this role has permissions to view and edit the contents of the PublicFolder. To do so:
- Click on the Role that this User is assigned to.
- In the right-most pane you should see a tree view of role permissions.
- Under the Functional Rights heading, go to the Chart Console listing.
- If you open up the sub-view of this listing, you will have two options, one of which is 'View and Edit Charts in the Public Folder'.
- If you find this permission is turned off, you will need to manually assign it.
- You must click Apply before leaving this view.
If you are creating charts under operator console, you should log into the Web Console with the hostname (Example: http://machinename/netiq ). Logging onto the Web Console using the fully qualified domain name of the machine (example: http://machinename.domain.com\netiq) will result in blank charts due to IIS mapping of the html pages and could result in the charts created in the Operator Console not appearing.
In order to modify AppManager Users rights for Chart Console in the Security Manager, you should verify that you are using either the 'sa' account or the SQL Admin account via NT authentication in AM Security Manager.