VigilEnt Security Manager 4.x
Database, SQL, PoolManager, and/or Java connection errors are received.
Error: 'VSS: Cannot connect to the VigilEnt database'.
Error: '[PoolManager] Failed to get database connection!'
Error: 'com.inet.tds.SQLException: Connection refused: connect'
Error: 'java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect'
The SQL Server service is not started on the VigilEnt Security Manager machine. There are several possible causes for the SQL Server service to be stopped:
- The service was stopped manually.
- The SQL service account has been changed.
- The SQL service account password has been changed.
On the VigilEnt Security Manager machine, attempt to restart the SQL Server service using one of the following:
- The Services applet in Computer Management.
- The SQL Server Service Manager located on the taskbar.
If the service will not start, verify the password and account listed on the properties of the SQL Server Service.