NetIQ AppManager Suite 6.x
NetIQ AppManager Suite 7.0.x
Emailed event messages do not have the proper XML formatting when using the Action_SMTPMail Knowledge Script.
In previous versions of AppManager, Lotus Notes users could use the Action_SMTPMail Knowledge Script (KS) for event messaging, because Action_SMTPMail KS used a simple text format that all mail systems could handle generically. Starting with AppManager 6.0 environments using the Action_SMTPMail KS, Lotus Notes users will receive improperly formatted e-mail messages because the Action_SMTPMail KS uses the new XML formatted Event messaging.
To receive correctly formatted event messages from your e-mail service when using AppManager Suite:
- In a Lotus Notes environment, use Action_NotesMail.
- In an Exchange environment, continue to use Action_SMTPMail.
To configure the Lotus Notes KS, Action_NotesMail:
- In the Action tab, set the action as Action_NotesMail.
- Change the source from the default "MS" to "Proxy".
- In the tree view that pops up, select one of your Domino Servers to act as the "proxy" message sender. This action may not work if one is not selected.
AppManager Suite versions 6.0 forward report events in XML format.