Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Attempting to run any operation generates an error message 'There is not enough space on the disk'.
Any Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) Assistant Admin receives the error message 'There is not enough space on the disk' whenever they submit an operation to be processed by the DRA server. As soon as they click 'OK' they get this message. The DRA server itself has enough disk space and RAM available.
The Domain Controller (DC) that DRA is bound to in order to perform operations against, is running a program that is consuming all memory.
Bind the Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) server to a different domain controller and perform a Full Accounts Cache Refresh.
To change the DRA server to a different domain controller, perform the following steps:
- Launch the DRA Delegation and Configuration Console with an account that has DRA Admin rights.
- Expand the Configuration Management node.
- Select Managed Domains.
- In the right pane, right-click on the domain name and select Properties.
- On the General page, at the bottom, is the Domain Controller name that is being used by DRA to perform its operations. To change this DC, click the Browse button and select the desired Domain Controller.
- Click Apply.
- Click Yes for the prompt about a Full Accounts Cache Refresh and do you want to change the Domain Controller?
- Click OK.