How can I use MDAC to test connectivity between the NetIQ Vulnerability Manager GUI and the database?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
Please follow the steps below to test connectivity between the Vulnerability Manager (VM) GUI and the VigilEnt database:
- From the Microsoft Windows desktop of the GUI computer, right click on the desktop and select New | Text Document.
- The text icon should appear on the desktop and the description of the icon should be in edit mode. For the description, type test.udl and click off of the icon. The icon should change in appearance to a computer overlaying a window with text columns.
- Double-click on the new icon to launch the MDAC test.
- Click on the Providertab.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server and click Next.
- For step 1, type in the name of the SQL server.
- For step 2, Use Windows NT Integrated security.
- To test connectivity to the SQL server, click the Test Connection button. If successful, the message Test Connection Succeeded is returned.
- To test connectivity to the VigilEnt database, type in VigilEnt in step 3 and click the Test Connection button. If successful, the message Test Connection Succeeded is returned.