VigilEnt Policy Center 3.x
Error: 'Please check the Bind DN and Bind PW. Make sure the Bind DN represents the full distinguished name for the account VPC should use to connect to the server.'
If you are using an LDAP server for your user and group repository, an entry is required in the Bind DN and Password fields if an anonymous bind is not allowed.
Use the following steps to enter an account and password to connect to the LDAP server:
- Log on to the Administration Site.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click Options.
- Click Repository.
- Clear the Anonymous Bind check box.
- In the Bind DN field, type the distinguished name of an account that VPC can use to connect to the LDAP server.
- In the Password field, type the password for the Bind DN account.
- Click Update.
Distinguished Name Examples:
The following are example distinguished names. The names you use will be similar.
- Generic LDAP server or Netscape Directory server: uid=mglass,ou=people,o=NetIQ.com
- Microsoft Exchange: cn=mglass (Note:Only use the first element (such as cn=alias). Do not include any other information after the first element. The value for the cn is an alias for the account in Microsoft Exchange.)
Microsoft Active Directory: cn=Glass, Michael,cn=Users,dc=hou001,dc=NetIQ,dc=com