NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
Object has no discovery info in the Operator Console Tree View.
No event is created and job takes a few minutes to complete when the Discovery_NT KS is run on an Agent system. After job completes no discovery info for the Agent system is listed in the Operator Console
To resolve the above described issues, ensure that the Agent system and Management Server are able to contact each other using the NetIQcntrl Ping utility. If the NetIQcntrl Ping utility does not indicate any problem, please perform the following steps:
- Stop the NetIQ AppManager Resource Monitor and NetIQ AppManager Client Communication Manager services on the Agent system.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the mapque directory located at: \Program Files\NetIQ\AppManager\dat.
- Delete all contents of the mapque directory.
- You can also (optional) stop and restart the NetIQ AppManager Management Service on the Management Server.
- Restart the NetIQ AppManager services on the Agent system.
- Re-run the Discovery_NT KS on the Agent system.
If you choose not to do the optional step 3 as listed in this fix, and the re-running of discovery still fails, you should repeat the steps and this time include step 3.