How do I generate a report that lists all computer accounts that have not logged in for certain number of days?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
The Directory and Resource Administrator Reporting tool (DRA) has a built-in report called Defunct Computer Report. In order to access the Defunct Computer Report perform the following steps:
- Launch the 'Directory and Resource Administrator Reporting' tool.
- Select Import from the 'File'menu to ensure that that the data is recent.
- Select the Resource tab in the 'Import' dialog box.
- Ensure Server and Workstations radio button is checked.
- Select Computers and Services in 'Resource Types'.
- Click Import.
- After the Import process completes expand the Resources report.
- Select Defunct Computer Report.
This report allows you to specify the number of days since the computer password was last changed. Once specified, the report will display the systems that meets or exceeds the days criteria.
To run this report in DRA 7.x versions, see the following Knowledge Base article:
The Defunct Computer Report queries the Active Directory property called pwdlastset. The property is only available when managing Windows 2000 domains and is not be available for NT domains.