How do I limit an Assistant Admin to create groups of a specific scope and/or type only?
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Limiting what group type an Assistant Admin can create can be accomplished by managing the group by Type and Scope through Active View.
When you create a Group Rule, you can limit the Type and Scope of the group rule by following these steps:
- Open the Delegation and Configuration Console.
- Expand ActiveView Management | ActiveViews.
- Double click on the ActiveView in question.
- Click on the Rules tab.
- Click Add and select Object that matches a Rule...
- Select Groups.
- Right click on Any Group and select Manage Group by Type and Scope.
- Under Group Scope Options and Specific Group Scopes select the desired group scope.
- Under Group Type Options select the desired group type and click OK.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to finish.