How do I update agent content?
How do I update the Patch Level Query database for the Windows agent?
How do I update the Patch Level Query database for the Unix agent?
How do I install the latest patch-level database files on my agents?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.5
VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix 5.0
You can use the AutoSync service to download current patch-level files to ensure that Vulnerability Manager and the underlying agents always audit with the latest patch-level information. The patch-level database files ensure the computers in your enterprise are running with the latest recommended patches when checking for vulnerabilities.
After you download patch level files, run the AutoSync wizard to approve the agent content updates, then use the Update Agent Content action to update all the agents with the latest files.
To update agent content:
- On the Tools menu, click AutoSync Wizard.
- Select the agent update files you want to approve.
- Click Apply Updates.
- Click Finish.
- In the tree pane of the Vulnerability Manager console, select a single endpoint or the group that contains the endpoints whose associated agents you want to update.
- On the Actions menu, click Update Agent Content.
- When the wizard has finished updating the agent content, click Finish.