What is the purpose of NetIQ Group Policy Guardian (GPG) Hotfix Q40237?
What issues are corrected with Hotfix Q40237?
NetIQ Group Policy Guardian 1.60
NetIQ Group Policy Guardian (GPG) Hotfix Q40237 corrects the following issues:
- XML document creation and parsing errors in WMI Event Query Provider.
- Receiving WMI ?access denied? errors when GPG collector running on Windows 2000 tries to audit a Windows 2003 DC.
- Receiving time out error upon ADSI queries from Event Audit in the GPG Server.
- When enumerating Domain Controllers, if the site of a collector (which has been assigned to a DC) could not be resolved, the GPG console stops enumerating giving an error message ?Unable to resolve collector?s site.?
- Irrelevant AD objects are being included when performing baseline operation, now they are filtered.
- WMI queue overflow error due to prolonged query and event processing.
Hotfix Q40237 has the following enhancements:
- Rule Engine and Response Engine can work either in synchronous or asynchronous mode. The setting to configure this is in the host service?s configuration.
- Optimized rule definitions for 560, 565 & 566 event filtering.
To download and install this hotfix:
- Stop the GPG services (NetIQ GPG Auditing Host Service, NetIQ GPG Auditing Control Service) running on the machine and close GPG processes (EventAudit.exe) running on the computer.
- Close GPG Console if it is opened on the computer.
- Run the GPG16000_HotfixQ40237.msi file on each Group Policy Guardian server.
- Start the GPG services (NetIQ GPG Auditing Host Service, NetIQ GPG Auditing Control Service) if the services are installed on the computer.
Note: To see the components that get updated, run the hotfix with command option /x.