How do I create a policy template?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
Creating Your Own Policy Templates
Policy templates let you quickly and easily determine the compliance of your entire enterprise with your organization security policies.
Each policy template consists of the following components:
- Security checks that the system can perform
- The values expected for those checks
- A threat score (scoring weight) for system values that are not in compliance
- An exclusion list where you can list acceptable variations from the expected value
- The scores that define three states: low risk, medium risk, and high risk
Creating a Policy Template
Once you create a policy template, you can save that template and run it against groups of heterogeneous endpoints. To create a policy template, you must have the New Policy Template permission. For more information, see ?Managing Permissions? in the Vulnerability Manager User Guide.
To create a policy template:
- In the tree pane, expand Security Knowledge.
- Click Policy Templates.
- On the Actions menu, click New Policy Template.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to create the policy template.