How do I find and disable a virus in the Integrated File System on the AS/400?
VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 7.5
VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 5.4/7.0
Refer to the following steps to find and disable a virus on the IFS:
- Using a powerful profile, whose special authorities include *ALLOBJ or *SECADM, map a drive to the IFS from any PC.
- Using your antivirus software, scan the IFS for the infected object.
- If an infected object is found, record the path for reference.
- From an AS/400 command line, run the RRM Object Report by Object and identify the users who have accessed the infected files.
- Find and record all entries with an objet path that matches the path of the infected file.
- Give your network support group the list of infected computers so that those computers can be cleaned.