Directory and Resource Administrator 7.0
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.0 SP1
Employee ID' field is being cloned even if the Assistant Admin removes all the data from the field during the cloning process.
When an Assistant Admin, during the cloning process, clears the Employee ID field, leaving the field blank, the Employee ID field of the newly cloned account is populated with the same data as the template account.
Employee ID field is being cloned even if the Assistant Admin removes all the data from this field during the cloning process. However, if the Assistant Admin changes the data in the Employee ID field during the cloning process, the newly entered data is retained.
This is corrected in DRA 7.5 and later. To resolve this issue upgrade to the latest version of DRA.
The following workaround can be implemented to prevent the Employee ID field from being cloned when a user account is cloned:
- Launch Regedit.
- Highlight the Accounts key under the HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Mission Critical Software\OnePoint\Administration\Data\Modules hive.
- From the Edit menu select New | Key.
- Enter CloneExceptions for the key name.
- Select the CloneExceptions key and from the Edit menu select New | String Value (String Value or REG_SZ).
- Enter EmployeeID in the Name field and in the Data field.
- Stop and the restart the NetIQ Administration Server service.
After the Directory and Resource Administrator server service is restarted, the Employee ID flag will not be cloned when a user account is cloned.