How do I clear tasks that are hung in the in VigilEnt Security Manager Operations Console Pending Tasks queue?
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.x
Tasks are hung in the operations console's pending tasks queue.
This issue will occur if there is a communications interruption between the server and the agent.
To resolve this issue, first try to cancel the hung task(s) by following the steps below:
- Launch the VigilEnt Security Manager Operations Console and login with an admin account.
- Right-click the task you wish to cancel in the Pending Tasks queue.
- Select VSM Actions | Cancel.
The cancelled task may not immediately disappear from the Pending Tasks queue. Refresh the view on the Pending Tasks queue by selecting the queue and hitting the F5 key. Refreshing the view will ensure you are viewing the current status of your tasks. After attempting to cancel, give the task at least 1 hour to clear before proceeding to the next steps...
Restarting the VigilEnt Security Server (VSS) Service:
If canceling the hung task(s) above did not result in clearing the task(s) from the Pending Tasks queue, you should now restart the VigilEnt Security Service (VSS). Restarting VSS re-initializes communications with the VigilEnt database and often will clear any hung task(s) from the Pending Tasks queue.
- Close all VigilEnt Security Operations Consoles (VSOC) to ensure all connections are closed.
- Login as an administrator to the machine that is running as the VSS.
- Start the Windows Service Control Manager and select the VigilEnt Security Server Service.
- Right-click VigilEnt Security Server service and select Restart.
- Once the service has restarted, check the application log to verify a clean restart.
- Log in to the VSOC and check the status of the cancelled task. The task should be cleared. If not please call NetIQ Technical Support