How do I backup the VigilEnt Database?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager 5.6
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.x
To backup the VigilEnt Database, refer to the following steps:
- From the Start menu, click Programs | Microsoft SQL Server | Enterprise Manager.
- Expand a server group, and then a server.
- Expand Databases.
- Right-click the database that you want to back up and select All Tasks | Backup Database.
- In the Name field, type the backup set name. Optional: In the Description field, type a description of the backup set.
- Under Backup, click Database - complete.
- Under Destination, click Tape or Disk, and specify a backup destination.
- If no backup destinations appear, click Add to add an existing destination or to create a new one.
- Under Overwrite, do one of the following:
- Optional. Select the Schedule check box to schedule the backup operation for later or periodic execution.
- Optional. Click the Options tab and do one or more of the following:
- Select the Verify backup upon completion check box to cause the backup to be verified when backed up.
- Select the Eject tape after backup check box to cause the tape to be ejected when the backup operation has completed. Available only with tape devices.
- Select the Check media set name and backup set expiration check box to cause the backup media to be checked to prevent accidental overwrites. In the Media set name field, type the name of the media to be used for the backup operation. Leave blank when specifying only the backup set expiration.
If it is the first use of the backup media, or you want to change an existing media label, under Media set labels, select the Initialize and label media check box and type the media set name and media set description. The media can be initialized and labeled only when overwriting the media.
- Click OK.