How do I add a URL link in a News Item on the User Site of VPC?
VigilEnt Policy Center 3.0
VigilEnt Policy Center 3.0.1
As a part of a News Item, you may add a link to a URL from the User Site.
To do this, log in to the Administration Site of VigilEnt Policy Center (VPC), and follow the steps below:
- On the Administration tab, click User Site, and then click the News tab.
- On the News tab, click Add.
- Type the number in the Order Index field to correspond with the order in which news items should display when more than one item exists.
- Select the Show News Item check box. You can clear this check box to keep the news item on file yet prevent the item from displaying on the User Site.
- Verify that the Available From date and Available To date are correct. The date in the Available To date can be the same day, or any future date, as the Available From date.
- Type the news information in the News Item Text field. If you choose to also add a URL link, you will need to use the <a href> tag. Please refer to the following example for Company A's homepage:
<a href="http://www.CompanyA.com" target="_blank">www.CompanyA.com</a>
- Click a language from the Text Language list. This selection should match the language selection in the User Site for the information to display.
- Click Update