Exchange Migrator 1.x
Exchange Migrator 2.x
Undeliverable: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients' received when sending email to a migrated mailbox.
The target mailbox has an alternate recipient set to itself causing a redundancy. This may be a result of an account being migrated more than once. When Exchange Migrator migrates an account in an Inter Org migration, it hides the source mailbox, creates a Custom Recipient in the source and sets the Alternate Recipient on the source hidden mailbox. If this property is not cleared before the account is re-migrated,then this property is carried over to the target object.
To send an email to the migrated account:
Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Double-click the User account.
- Select the Exchange General tab.
- Click the Delivery Options button.
- Set the Forwarding Address to None.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
Microsoft Exchange 5.5:
- Open Exchange Administrator.
- Double-click the mailbox.
- Select the Delivery Options tab.
- Set the Alternate recipient to None.
- Click OK.
To prevent this issue verify the following information after performing the Undo of the original migration, and before re-migrating an account:
- Source mailbox is un-hidden.
- Source mailbox email addresses have been restored (--migrated-- has been removed).
- Source mailbox Alternate recipient has been cleared.
- Source Custom Recipient has been deleted.