How do I install VSA for Unix agents locally?
VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix 4.0
Please refer to the following steps:
- Log on to the agent computer using the root account, or su to root.
- If you are installing an agent on an HP-UX computer, refer to the following steps. This procedure describes how to mount the CD-ROM in a way that preserves long filenames.
- Log on to the HP-UX computer as root, or su to root.
- Using the /etc/fstab CD-ROM entry as a guide, add your CD-ROM device to /etc/pfs_fstab. For example, your /etc/fstab entry may look like the following:
/dev/dsk/c0t2d0 /cdrom cdfs ro,cdcase,suid 0 0
- To show the device name of the CD-ROM device, enter ioscan -C disk -f -n . The /etc/pfs_fstab entry defines /cdrom, but you may use /SD_CDROM if you prefer.
- In this case, the corresponding /etc/pfs_fstab entry looks like the following:
/dev/dsk/c0t2d0 /cdrom pfs-rrip xlat=unix 0
- Start the pfs daemons. If you want to create an rc script that starts the daemons automatically, type the following lines in an rc script:
nohup /usr/sbin/pfs_mountd > /dev/null 2>&1 &
nohup /usr/sbin/pfsd 4 > /dev/null 2>&1 &
- Make sure the mount point exists. You can create the mount point by entering mkdir /cdrom .
- Insert the VSA for Unix installation CD-ROM into the CD-ROM device, then mount it using the following command: /usr/sbin/pfs_mount/$cdrom where $cdrom is the device that you defined in /etc/pfs_fstab.
- Enter cd /cdrom , and enter ls to see the contents of the CD-ROM with long filenames preserved.
- Proceed with Step 5.
- If you are installing an agent on an IBM AIX computer, mount the CD-ROM by entering mount -v cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /cdrom .
- Mount the VSA for Unix installation CD-ROM.
- Change directories to the CD mount point.
- Enter the following command to start the installer script: /bin/sh ./install.sh.
- Select the default installation path (/usr) by pressing Enteror enter a new installation path for the agent, and confirm your selection by pressing Enter.
- Select the default uvserv port number (1622) by pressing Enteror enter a different uvserv port number.
- Select the default uagent port number (2620) by pressing Enteror enter a different uagent port number.
- Select the inetd restart method for uagent and uvserv (inetd) by pressing Enter or enter one of the following restart methods:
- rclink (starts the agent from an rc script?this option is not available for BSD-based computers)
- inittab (starts the agent at the default run level)
- inetd (restart method?starts the agent when required, unloads the agent when it is no longer needed)
- rclink (starts the Detect watchdog from an rc script?this option is not available for BSD-based computers)
- inittab (default restart method?starts .
the Detect watchdog at the default run level)
It is not necessary to uninstall previous versions of the agent before installing VSA for Unix 4.0.