VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix 4.0
VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix 5.0
VigilEnt Security Manager
SSL connection errors found in the Unix syslog.
Unable to register Unix agents in VigilEnt Security Manager.
SSL error in syslog or can not register Unix agents in VSM
uvservd: SSL_connect failed
uvservd: 23786:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GE T_RECORD:wrong version number:s3_pkt.c:284:
uvservd: Failed Handshake
uvservd: SSL_connect failed, errcode = 1
This issue is caused by the SSL key being out of sync in VigilEnt Security Manager and VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix.
To resolve this issue, please refer to the following:
- Delete the endpoint, agent, and system from VigilEnt Security Manager (VSM).
- On the VSA for Unix machine change directories to the agent install directory $INSTALL_DIR/$OS/vsau/local/cache. Remove the two SSL key. See below for an example:
# rm secretkey827
# rm secret827
- Add the system, agent, and enpoint back into VSM.
If there is still a problem registering the VSA for Unix agent with VSM from a command prompt on the Unix host, run the following command and send the output to Tech Support.
- Change directories to $INSTALL_DIR/OS/bin
- As root user type ./wcRegister.
This commands tries to register the agent with VSM. Any problems registering the agent will output to the console you ran the command from.