Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Some User objects display in the web console but do not display in the 32 bit GUI.
The ShowInAdvancedViewOnly property is set to true on the User objects.
To resolve perform either of the following:
- Go into ADSI Edit and change the ShowInAdvancedViewOnly property for the users to False.
- Set the DRA GUI to show Advanced Active Directory objects:
- Start Delegation and Configuration console.
- Right-click on Configuration Management node.
- Select Update Administration Server Options....
- Select Client Options tab.
- Check Show advanced Active Directory objects.
- Click OK.
- Clients need to reconnect to the server for the setting to take effect.
Note: This will expose all advanced Active Directory objects to Assistant Admins who have the rights to see them.
If you wish to report on which User objects have the ShowInAdvancedView only set to true, you could use one of the following methods:
- Use the DRA Reporting tool to generate this report. Documentation on creating a custom report is available under the Custom Reports section of the Knowledge Depot.
- Use the UpdateWin2k.xls example spreadsheet installed with the SDK and use this to generate the list of users whose ShowInAdvancedViewOnly property is set to True.