How do I create an ActiveView allowing Assistant Admins to manage only groups that match a specific Group Type and/or Scope?
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
In Directory and Resource Administrator 7.0 and later, ActiveView rules can be restricted to only include\exclude groups that match a specific Group Type and\or Scope. A rule can be created in an ActiveView to only include groups that are Security or Distribution groups.
In order to create a Rule to include or exclude certain group types or scopes from an ActiveView, please perform the following steps:
- Launch the Delegation and Configuration Console, logged in as a DRA Admin.
- Select the ActiveView in question under the Delegation Management | ActiveViews node.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Rules tab and click Add.
- Select Objects that match a rule...
- Select Groups under the Accounts section.
- Select the any group hyperlink and select Manage Groups by Type and Scope.....
- Select the desired options to include the specific group type and scope and click OK.
- Click OK and OK again to exit the ActiveView properties page.
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.60 and earlier only provided the ability to restrict\limit the rule definition to scope of the group and not to the group type.