VigilEnt Security Manager 4.1
Error: 'Cannot connect to database. Please check to make sure that the user name and pasword are valid, or use SQL authentication to log in.'
An error occurs when logging into VSM from a remote GUI.
This error can be caused when you are logging in from a GUI that is in a different domain than the database server.
Enable SQL Authentication on the VigilEnt Security Manager server:
- Click Start | Programs | Vigilent | Vigilent Security Server to launch the Configuration Utility on the VSM server.
- Select the Database tab.
- Change the Enable SQL Authentication setting to True.
- Click Apply.
- Restart the Vigilent Security Server service on the VSM server for the change to take effect. Please reference the following link if needing assistance on restarting the service:
Confirm that SQL authentication is enabled, in mixed mode, on the SQL server where the VigilEnt database is located.
- Launch the 'SQL Enterprise Manager' from the SQL server.
- Right-click the SQL server located under the 'SQL Server Group' node and select Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Under Authentication, verify that it is set to SQL Server and Windows.
Enable SQL Authentication on the client side GUI.
- Launch the VSM GUI.
- Click Configure from the logon box.
- Select the Enable SQL Authentication checkbox and click OK.
- Logon to VSM.