How do I run Synchronize Server Users across multiple endpoints of the same OS type at one time?
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.1
To run Synchronize Server Users in VigilEnt Security Manager (VSM) across multiple endpoints of the same type, please follow the steps below:
- Launch the VigilEnt Security Operations Center (VSOC) while logged in with an account that has Synchronize Server Users permissions.
- Expand the IT Assets node located under the VigilEnt Security Operations Center node in the left tree view.
- Expand the Managed Groups node and then select the desired endpoints folder.
- In the right pane listing all of the endpoints within the selected folder, hold down the Ctrl key and left-click each endpoint you wish to run Synchronize Server Users against. If you wish to run it against multiple machines listed contiguously, you can click the top endpoint in the list, hold down the Shift key and click the bottom endpoint.
- Right-click any of the selected endpoints and select VSM Actions | Synchronize Server Users. This will start the wizard for Synchronize Server Users against the selected endpoints.
- Click Finish to accept the defaults. Note: The default setting for AutoProcess is false.
- Expand the Task Queues node and select Completed Tasks. Once the job completes, you will see the entry as Multiple Endpoints for the Endpoint Name and Synchronize Server Users for the Name of the task.
- Select the task. You will see the list of endpoints in the bottom right pane.
- Double-click each individual endpoint to link the users.
- Click Save and Close.