VigilEnt Security Agent for PSSecure 7.5
Profile and Password Management (PPM)
NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries 8.0
PSSecure 8.0 Profile & Password Management
When saving User Profiles on the source system, the 'Last Used' date for the profile is not preserved to be restored on the target machine.
To avoid this situation, the PPM 'Method for determining eligible profiles' should be changed from *DEFAULT to *PRVACTDT prior to allowing the PPM UPM job to run. This job is scheduled under the job name PSPROFILE and is often scheduled to run on Sunday nights. From the PPM Menu, perform the following:
- Select Option 1General Options Menu, then press Enter.
- Select Option 16 Change Defaults (DISABLE DELETE +), then press Enter.
- Change the value for 'Method for determining eligible profiles' to *PRVACTDT, then press Enter. It will be possible to change it back to *DEFAULT once the profiles have been signed on, populating the 'Last Used' date once again.
Definitions for 'Method for determining eligible profiles' values:
To calculate profile inactivity, *DEFAULT uses the System date to age the user profiles against the Last Used Date of the user profile object. If the Last Used Date of the user profile object is blank, it will look at the creation date.
Uses the greater of the following dates:
- User Profile Previous Sign-on Date
- User Profile Date Password Last Changed
- Object Description's Last Used Date
- Object Description's Creation Date