VigilEnt Security Agent for Netware 1.3
NetWare 4.x and higher environments.
When resetting a password, using VigilEnt Security Agent for Netware, it automatically resets the Password Expiration Date to 1992.
NetWare automatically reset the Password Expiration Date to 1992.
This is a known issue and has been resolved in VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare 1.3 Hotfix 36384.
This hotfix corrects a problem occurring in NetWare 4.x and higher environments when the VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare (VSA for NetWare) reset a password. NetWare would then automatically reset the Password Expiration Date to 1992. VSA for NetWare now correctly resets the date after NetWare changes it.
This hotfix has the following requirements:
- VSA for NetWare 1.3 Service Pack 2
- Administrator password for the local Windows 2000 computer
To download the hotfix, refer to the following link:
To install this hotfix:
- Stop all VSA for NetWare programs.
- Back up the folder where VSA for NetWare is installed.
- Run the VSAN13000_Hotfix36384.exe program on the computer where VSA for NetWare 1.3 Service Pack 2 is installed.
- Restart VSA for NetWare or restart the computer.
This hotfix replaces the following files in the default installation folder, C:\Program Files\PentaSafe\VSAN:
For more information, contact Technical Support at www.netiq.com/support.