Domain Migration Administrator 6.x
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
E20235: Failed to find WinNT://SourceDomain/MachineName, hr=0x80070005. This account will not be migrated when migrating computers.
Computer migration fails.
To retrieve the properties of a computer account, the computer
- Has to be listed in Server Manager
- Must be contacted
If the physical computer specified by the source computer name is not accessibgle from the Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) console, you will receive this error, which may be a result of standard network issues such as permissions, WINS, DNS, or duplicate computer accounts on the network.
Resolve the network or security issues that are preventing you from contacting the computer you are trying to migrate, follow these steps:
- On the DMA Console, open Computer Management.
- Right-click Computer Management (Local).
- Select Connect to another Computer.
- Type the name of the computer identified in the error message.
- After it is connected, expand System Tools.
- Expand Event Viewer.
- Click the Security Event Log.
- Identify and resolve any network or security issues that are preventing you from contacting the computer you are trying to migrate.
Retry the migration.