How do I customize the Account and Resource Management console so that Assistant Admins always connect to a specific DRA server?
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
To configure the Account and Resource Management console to always connect to a specific Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) server so that all Assistant Admins connect to this server by default, please perform the following steps:
- Launch the Account and Resource Management console.
- Select Connect to DRA server option from the File menu.
- Select the Connect to this DRA server radio button.
- Select the desired DRA server from the drop down list or specify the NetBIOS name of the desired DRA server.
- Click OK.
- Make any other configuration changes desired such as Show\Hide the console tree, the search pane, or the details pane.
- Select Save As... option from the File menu.
- Specify a file name for the DRA Console File (*.arm) in the File name: field.
- Click Save.
The saved file can then be distributed to all Assistant Admins. Assistant Admins can then double-click this file, which will then connect them to the desired DRA server specified in step 4.
For more information on how to customize the Accounts and Resource Management, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article:
NETIQKB36330: Can I customize the Account and Resource Management Win32 console?