How do I collect the logs for the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows Installation?
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.1
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.2
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 4.0
To collect the log files for the installation, refer to the following steps:
- Start the installation, either local or remote.
- Continue through the installation until you reach the FINISH button on the very last screen of the installer.
- DO NOT select the FINISH button. Leave the screen idle while collecting the logs.
- Go to windows explorer on the host machine (for remote installs) or the local machine (for local installs).
- Go to the currently logged on user's temp directory. This is usually located under c:\documents and settings\(currently logged on user)\Local Settings\Temp .
- Locate the PINxxx.tmp folder where x is a random character. The contents of this folder are the logs for the installation and will be deleted once the FINISH button is selected.
- Copy the entire folder to another location and then select FINISH on the installation wizard.
The PINxxx.tmp folder can sometimes be placed inside another folder named "1" within the temp directory.