How do I change the language sorting code to a specific language in SQL / MSDE?
Exchange Migrator 2.2 SP1
Exchange Migrator 2.3
To change the language sorting code to a specific language:
- Reinstall MSDE with the correct collation (this is the easiest option):
- Uninstall MSDE through Add / RemovePrograms.
- Run setup for MSDE using the corresponding command line switches.
- Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information on the MSDE/SQL installation command line switches:
Customizing Desktop Engine Setup.exe
- Run a database creation script specifying a custom collation.
- Install Exchange Migrator 2.2 SP 1 (2.21) or later.
- Copy database objects from the original EM database to the newly created database with custom collation.
- Use \Program Files\NetIQ\Exchange Migrator\DBManager.exe to point Exchange Migrator to the new database.
- DBManager.exe is available with the default installation of Exchange Migrator 2.3 or later, or with the installation of SP1 for Exchange Migrator 2.2.
Please refer to the following Microsoft knowledge base article for more information:
How to transfer a database from one collation to another collation in SQL Server
For more information on possible issues that result from an incorrect sort order, please refer to the following NetIQ Knowledge Base article:
NETIQKB24379: Exchange Migrator displays distorted international characters.