VigilEnt Log Analyzer 1.2
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.1
Unable to communicate with 4.x agents after SP1 installation.
Error message indicating that the SP1 installer can not find/open mk.jar is received when applying SP1 on the VSS machine.
The issue occurs in the following scenario:
- VigilEnt Security Manager 4.1 is installed first, then VigilEnt Log Analyzer 1.2 where the LE, AE, and VSS are separate (Note: The issue does not occur if VSS and AE are in the same machine).
- While trying to apply SP1 for VigilEnt Log Analyzer (VLA) on the VSS machine.
The directory path is different from the patch.
After downloading the SP1 Patch please refer to the following directions to resolve this issue:
Note: Remember that this issue occurs when installing SP1 for VLA on the VSS machine (Version 4.1). Installing SP1 for VLA on the AE or LE should work fine.
- On the VSS machine, change the following registry entry:
- Change the value of the key 'VLA_ROOT' from (assuming defaults directory were used):
C:\Program Files\NetIQ\VigilEnt Security Manager\VSS
- Go to the C:\Program Files\NetIQ VigilEnt Security Manager\VSS directory and backup the following files:
Go to the C:\Program Files\NetIQ VigilEnt Security Manager\VSS\modules directory and perform the following:
copy the vle.jar to vae.jar
copy the vle.jar to registration-module.jar
Apply the SP1 for VLA on the this VSS machine.
Go to the C:\Program Files\NetIQ VigilEnt Security Manager\VSS\modules directory and delete the file we just copied:
Go to the C:\Program Files\NetIQ\VigilEnt Security Manager\VSS directory and recover the files we just backed up in previous step:
Open the mk.options file using a text editor ( for example, notepad ) and add the following to the bottom of the file:
Restart the 'Vigilent Security Server' service on the VSS machine.
Re-register the LE and AE machines.
Go to the LE and AE machines and under the C:\Program Files\PentaSafe\VLA directory and delete the registration.properties.
Restart the 'VigilEnt Log Analyzer' service.
Go to the VSOC UI and right- click the AE node, select Properties and click OK.
Right-click the LE node, select Properties and click OK.
<B>WARNING:</B> Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. NetIQ cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. <P>Make sure that you backup your Registry prior to making any changes.
Please contact Technical Support if you have any questions.