VigilEnt Security Manager 3.x
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 4.0
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.1
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.2.3
Error: 'Error unable to load XML from downloaded content'.
Error: 'java.io.IOException: Timed Out'.
This error is caused by an incorrect version of Internet Explorer with version 3.2 Hot Fix 3. Version 3.2 HF3 requires Internet Explorer 5.5. All documentation indicates the minimum Internet Explorer version as 5.0.
This error can also be caused by not having the correct version of JET installed on the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows.
Install Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 3 on the machine where the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows is installed.
To install Jet 4.0 Service Pack 3 refer to the steps below:
- Locate the CD or Download of VigilEnt Security Manager 4.1.
- Using Windows Explorer locate the VSA for Windows folder in the main directory of the download or CD.
- Inside this folder locate the Third Party Folder and double click it.
- Locate the JET folder and double click it.
- Double-click Jet40Sp3_Comp.exe to install Jet on the machine hosting the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows and Patch Level Checker Database.
Version 3.2 Hot Fix 3 of the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows requires a minimum version of Internet Explorer 5.5. on a Windows NT 4.0 machine. For Windows 2000 Internet Explorer 5.5 is installed by default with the operating system.