How do I backup my VigilEnt Policy Center SQL database?
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1x
VigilEnt Policy Center 3.0
To backup your VigilEnt Policy Center (VPC) Microsoft SQL Server database, please perform the following steps:
- Go to the Start menu and select Programs | Microsoft SQL Server | Enterprise Manager.
- When the Enterprise Manager opens, go to the Tree view and click the + (plus signs) to open the tree view down to the VPC database. (Default name is PentaSafeVPC)
- Highlight the database name (PentaSafeVPC) and right-click to open the Menu options.
- Select All Tasks | Backup Database.
- When the SQL Database Backup window opens:
- Ensure the database name in the first field is correct.
- Use either the default backup name or type in a new one. Enter a description if you like, however this is not required.
If you are using Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) as your database, and need assistance in performing a backup, please see: