How do I upgrade Audit Manager from version 3.2.6 to version 4.0?.
VigilEnt Audit Manager for Oracle 3.2.6
VigilEnt Audit Manager for Oracle 4.0
To upgrade from version 3.2.6 to 4.0, please refer to the following. There are three phases to this process:
- Update all the Microsoft Windows executables and files from the latest CD media.
- Complete the steps listed below for migration/upgrade of the database schema objects.
- Rebuild (recompiling) all "user-defined" audits.
List of files included in the kit.
Install the latest CD (this would be v1.0.4 of the Oracle agent) and use the setup executable (setup.exe) to install the Windows files to the default directory.
Steps for migration/upgrade:
- Save the attached files into a directory below the original VigilEnt Audit Manager for Oracle.
- Start the SchemaInstaller executable.
- Select Upgrade Audit Manager for Oracle V3.2.6 to V4.0. This will upgrade the standard installation of VigilEnt Audit Manager for Oracle.
- Select OK button and read the requirements tab.
- Select Next Step.
- Enter "Password" for the SYS user and a "Database Alias" for the target database instance.
- Select Perform Pre-Installation check.
- Select Install (large button).
- When prompted, enter the password for the SQLCQR user.
- Select OK when finished and close the SchemaInstaller executable.
NOTE: The Merge/Purge feature is an optional 'Add-on Component' of the VigilEnt Audit Manager for Oracle product. If this component is being used, it should also be upgraded to be compatible with version 4.x. Run steps 1 thru 10 above, replacing the choice in step 3 with: Upgrade Audit Manager for Oracle V3.2.6 to V4.0 (Merge/Purge).
There was a change made in the trigger base component, which is used during the creation of 'user-defined' audits. This change requires that each 'user-defined' be recompiled in order for the change to take effect. (The trigger base is the part of the 'user-defined' audits that allows VigilEnt Audit Manager to record certain information.)
- Start the VigilEnt Audit Manager main console using the SQLCQR user.
- Go to the Audit Options menu and select User-Defined.
- Highlight each user-defined audit and select Save.
Contact Technical Support for the upgrade kit.