How do I enable the DB2 monitor switches?
AppManager 5.0.1 SP1
UnixAgent V2 SP1
DB2 UDB (Universal Database) 7.x, 8.x
As part of the discovery for DB2, the DB2 monitor switches for each instance are enabled (one or more instances may need to be restarted as indicated by the install or when running ckdb2 manually). These switches enable DB2 to collect information about the instances and the database within the instances. The following DB2 monitor switches must be enable in order for AppManager for DB2 UNIX component to correctly collect data :
To manually check and enable these monitor switches use the following steps :
1) Login into the computer as the instance to be checked
2) Start the db2 shell using the command:
3) From the db2 shell enter the following command to check the status of the monitor switches:
get monitor switches
4) A table will be returned indicating, for each monitor switch, whether it is ON or OFF.
5) To enable a monitor switch issue the command (where [switch-name] is the name of the switch to enable):
update monitor switches using [switch-name] ON
6) To make the monitor switch change persistent when the instance is restarted (where [dbm-switch-name] is one of DFT_MON_BUFPOOL, DFT_MON_SORT, DFT_MON_LOCK or DFT_MON_TABLE):
update dbm configuration using [dbm-switch-name] ON
7) If monitor switch changes are only made in the database manager config (#6) the instance must be restarted in order for the monitoring to be enabled.
8) Ensure that all four switches indicated are actively enabled on all instances monitored.