VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix 4.0
Agents running on Linux for iSeries incorrectly identify the operating system as standard Linux.
The Patch Manager Utility uninstalls an incorrect binary.
This is a known issue and has been resolved Hotfix 33787 (Patch 4.0.5).
This Hotfix contains a patch that corrects a problem with VSA for Unix agents running on Linux for iSeries operating systems. The problem occurs when VSA for Unix agents incorrectly identify the operating system as standard Linux. This problem causes the Patch Manager utility to install an incorrect binary.
- Download the Hotfix to the Utility Console or VSM/VSOC computer.
- Start the Utility Console or VSM.
- Open the Agent Manager utility.
- Click Hosts | Update Programs to open the Patch Manager.
- Click Load, navigate to the Hotfix file, and click OK.
- Select all Linux for iSeries hosts in the Hosts Running uAgent list, and select 4.0.5 in the Patches Available list.
- Click Apply.
- When the update completes, click Close to close the Patch Manager.
Patch 4.0.3 (VSAU_4.0_Hotfix_33198.zip, for Utility Console computers only) . Please refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information: https://www.netiq.com/kb/esupport/consumer/esupport.asp?id=NETIQKB33198
Patch 4.0.4 (VSAU_4.0_Hotfix_33199.zip). Please refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information: https://www.netiq.com/kb/esupport/consumer/esupport.asp?id=NETIQKB33199
This patch should be applied only to iSeries agents but creates no problem if applied to all agents of all OS types.